Monday 18 April 2011

...And I'm back!

Wow. It has been tooooooo long. Spring break and schoolwork got in the way of any bloggin I would have been doing.

So lots to update about! For starters, spring break. Mike and I had a very unimpressive time. Let's do a little review, shall we?

Mike on the Acropolis!
After our departure from London....
ATHENS DRIVERS ARE SCARY!
Day 1: First day in Athens. Saw the Acropolis (Parthenon, Porch of the Caryatids, etc.) and Olympic stadium. End with a long chat with an older Indian couple on the roof of our hotel where we could look out on the Acropolis all lit up at night.
Colosseum
Pantheon
Day 2: Arrive in Rome. Tour Colosseum.
Day 3: Roman Forum, Pantheon, Trevy Fountain, Spanish Steps
Day 4: Vatican-- St. Peter's, Sistine Chapel
Day 5:  Depart Rome, arrive in Barcelona. Visit Plaza Catalunya.
Trevy Fountain
Day 6: St. Patrick's day! Dip toes in the Mediterranean sea and hang out on the beach. Visit one of Gaudi's lesser known cathedrals, as well as a block of apartments he designed.
Beautiful Barcelona.
Day 7: La Sagrada Familia, Olympic stadium, and explore some amazing gardens that led us to a point from which we could overlook all of Barcelona to the sound of some incredible classical guitar.
Day 8: Back to London, and my family!


Absolutely incredible trip.  I think my favorite part of it had to be exploring the gardens in Barcelona... it was just complete and utter paradise. Best day of Spring Break by far. Can you believe that in a row, I saw the Parthenon, colosseum, Pantheon, and the Vatican?!?!?!?

London has been so nice.  Seeing my family was amazing, I had missed them so much.  I've been drowning under a lot of reading and class trips that take up some time, but all in all things have been just great. This Thursday will be the student event that I've been coordinating, and we're going to have a boat cruise of the Thames with food and a bar and a DJ. All the students and professors will be there-- should be a great time!

Friday was my 21st birthday, and I had a wonderful celebration with my friends on Thursday night. We got all dressed up and they made me feel really special, presenting me with the silliest had I have ever seen, which I will wear in public as often as possible.

I may be going to Scotland for Easter... can't wait. I love St Andrews. Hopefully we'll also get to visit the highlands. After that, it's Stonehenge and Bath, and then back to Concord! Ahhhhh! I'll be sad to leave, but I'm excited to get back to the U.S.A.


Till later...

E

No comments:

Post a Comment