Wednesday 16 February 2011

Secrets, hot chocolate, and the Prime Meridian

Back in London on Monday after an awesome trip to St. Andrews. Hansoo and I checked out a couple crumbling castles/churches and then spent way too long collecting rocks on the beach. So fun.

Afterwards we warmed up with hot chocolate in a shop that has hot chocolate happy hour with hot chocolate for a pound! So much happiness in my belly.

Needless to say I did not try haggis.

Mike and I on the Prime Meridian!
This week's walking tour took us to Greenwich on a boat down the Thames, where we checked out the Queen's House, the Royal Observatory, and of course, the Prime Meridian. It was very cool to stand on both sides, but I actually especially loved seeing the actual meridian being projected as a green laser... so cool! I had no idea that they actually projected it.

The Royal Observatory is situated at the top of a hill from which you can look out on London. It was a beautiful view, and we got one of the rare sunny and clear days in London.

Now, excitement... tomorrow Hansoo is coming to London, and Friday morning we embark on the much anticipated SECRET TRIP!! I've been planning it since October, and I won't reveal the location here until we get back because it's a surprise to Hansoo. Although anyone else reading this probably knows where we're going... anyway, I'm so excited. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment